Corporate & Commercial Law · Dispute Resolution · Entertainment & Creative Industries · Employment Law
Desiree Ho is a lawyer at LHC practicing Corporate Commercial Law and dispute resolution. She frequently advises on director, shareholder and employer-employee disputes. Desiree helps clients to review complex business and commercial contracts. She advises on company law, contract law, business strategy and assists in employment law cases.
Desiree holds a Global Business degree and has studied at the Copenhagen Business School in Denmark. After reading law in the UK, Desiree completed her PCLL at the University of Hong Kong and completed her legal training at an international law firm in Hong Kong and Beijing respectively. She has over 18 years of experience in the creative field.
Desiree serves a wide range of clients including companies, individuals, and directors from AI companies, fintech companies, healthcare companies, entertainment and media companies, fitness brands, architecture firms, performing arts companies, artists, dancers and musicians. She is dedicated to helping her clients resolve their disputes and reach their business goals.
Desiree speaks English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Danish (basic).
- Advised on a directors/shareholders’ dispute over an architecture firm holding a portfolio of over 80 million dollars
- Resolved an insurance dispute with a major insurance company involving professional misconduct and misrepresentation
- Completed a 3-month investigation at a major financial institution for Anti-Money Laundering and transaction monitoring to identify suspicious transactions
- Advised on and drafted the shareholders’ agreement for a new 3-million dollar healthcare-sector JV in a COVID-hit market
- Advised on and drafted SaaS agreements and Service Level Agreements for an award-winning AI Chatbot operator serving financial institutions and major corporations
- Led a 9-month directors’ JV dispute for a major fitness brand which successfully settled
- Advised on a summary dismissal case for a bullied employee in the Labour Tribunal which won
- Provided probono legal advice to Green Dragons on setting up a legal charitable entity
- Assisted with a litigation in Singapore between a Malaysian bank and a major British bank involving a fraudulent transaction
- Worked with the UK and Beijing team to advise a major SOE on its potential litigation against a subsidiary’s liquidators and an affiliated company
- Assisted with a mediation concerning a dispute between a major property developer and its affiliate company/ former directors
- Reviewed ICAC statements in relation to an allegation relating to the earning of secret profits by an employee
- Assisted Man Group in drafting their documents for the first onshore systematic trend-following fund by a foreign investment company in China
- Assisted in advising a leading financial conglomerate on the proposed separation of a joint venture director and manager from a major fund-house in China
- Collaborated with counsel in seven jurisdictions to conduct due diligence and merger control filings for a major SOE’s acquisition of a Dutch conglomerate and a major Italian brand
- Acted for an American bank on its RMB632 million Loan Participation Notes issuance
- Assisted with advising an American multinational bank on their commission sharing arrangements under their global account carrier model by consulting counsel in seven countries (China, Taiwan, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & Pakistan)
- Acted for a Chinese airline on two issuances of senior guaranteed perpetual securities and USD300 million 5.5% guaranteed notes respectively
- Assisted with drafting employment contracts, separation agreements/letters, handbooks, conflict of interest questionnaires, labour tribunal bundles, advice on employment law
Roles involved :
- Green Ambassador for Green Dragons/ CIS Alumni Association Dragon Boat Team
- Instructor at Faust International Youth Theatre and Studio 12
- Founder of GAPA Drama
LHC is a leading full-service Hong Kong law firm located in the heart of Central.