Ms. Sandy Wong
Ms. SANDY WONG
Intellectual Property · Commercial · Sexual Harassment
Ms Sandy Wong is a consultant lawyer at LHC. She brings a wealth of experience in both the private and in-house legal practice to provide client’s with top-notch legal and business advice.
She has over 20 years of experience in intellectual property and commercial transactions. In the area of employment, she specializes in dealing with harassment cases.
Sandy has handled and advised on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters including worldwide portfolio management of trademarks, copyright, design and patent commercial exploitation of intellectual property in Hong Kong and China. She is also involved in civil enforcement litigation and anti-counterfeiting strategic planning.
As former Head of Legal Maxim’s Group managing over 35,000 employees and 1000 outlets in Hong Kong, Macau, China, Vietnam and Cambodia, she is experienced in negotiating and structuring of franchise rights. She overlooked the operation of Starbucks, Lawry’s, Wildfire, Genki, Sen-ryo, Illpudo and The Cheesecake Factory.
Sandy established the first public, private partnership with the Hospital Authority, catering operations in Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland.
She currently serves as non-executive director on the Board of Medialink Group Limited (2230 HK), advising on corporate strategy and development.
GOVERNMENT/STATUTORY BODY APPOINTMENTS
- Justice of Peace (Non-Official) (July 2015 – present)
- Member of Town Planning Board (April 2016 – present)
- Chairman of Human Organ Transplant Board (2019 – present)
- Member of Competition Commission (2018 – present)
- Member of the Court and Council of the Hong Kong Baptist University (2017 – present)
- Member of Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board (2017 – present)
- Member of Council on Smoking and Health (2017 – present)
- Member of HK Advisory Council on AIDS (2020 – present)
- Member of Audit Committee of West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (January 2017 – current)
- Member of Social Enterprise Advisory Committee (2016 – 2020)
- Co-covenor of Working Group of Empowerment and a member of Women’s Commission (2011 – 2017)
- Member of Independent Police Complaints Council (2011 – 2017) and its Management Committee, Serious Complaints Committee, Operations Advisory Committee and Publicity & Survey Committee
- Committee member of the Action Committee Against Narcotics (2011 – 2017)
- Member of the Steering Committee on Review of the Regulation of Private Healthcare Facilities (2012 – present)
- Adjudicator of the Registration of Persons Tribunal (2008 – 2015)
- Council Member of the Supplementary Medical Professions Council (2006 – 2012) Member of the Steering Committee of Child Development Fund (2009 – 2015)
- Member of the Public Affairs Forum of the Home Affairs Bureau (2006 – present)
- Chairman of The Legal Education Trust Fund Limited (2014 – May 2016) and Director of The Legal Education Trust Fund Limited (2011 – present)
- Council member and Chair of Anti-Human Trafficking Committee and Women Rights Committee and Choir Committee, and Co-Chair of Charity Committee and Law Reform Committee of The Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers (2008 – present) and President of The Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers (2005 – 2007)
- Honorary Legal Advisor of The Baptist Convention of Hong Kong (2020 – present)
- Honorary Legal Advisor of Hong Kong Baptist Church (2017 – present)
- Member of The Family and Child Service Committee, Foster Care Service Benefactors Fund Allocation Committee of Hong Kong Family and Welfare Society
- Joint Vice President of The Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers (2004 – 2005)
- Member of Sub-Committee of CPD Accreditation Sub-Committee of The Law Society of Hong Kong (2004 – present), Chairman (2017 – present)
- Board Member of the School Board of the School of Law of The City University of Hong Kong (2004 – 2014)
- Member of Advisory Committee of Institute of Active Aging (2015 – present)
- Member of Hong Kong Polytechnic University Advisory Committee on School of Optometry (2010 – 2016)
- Chairman of The Alumni Association of the School of Law of the City University of Hong Kong (2003 – 2007)
- National Reporter on tax for Hong Kong of International Bar Association (2004 – 2006) Committee Member of the East Asia & Pacific Subcommittee of the Parallel Import
- Committee of International Trademark Association (2004 – 2008)
- Committee Member of the Americas Committee of Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce (2003 – 2006)
- Committee Member of the American Bar Association IPL Committee
- Vice Chair of Cross Border Investment Committee of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (2002 – 2004)
- Organizing Committee Member of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association Conference in Hong Kong (2001 – 2002)
- Education Committee Chairperson and Council Member of The Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers (2001 – 2004)
- Website and Newsletter Chairperson of The Hong Kong Federation of Women Lawyers (2000 – 2001)
- Construction Group and Commercial Group member of the Mediation Council of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (1999 – 2000)
LHC is a leading full-service Hong Kong law firm located in the heart of Central.