Mr. William Loo
Mr. WILLIAM LOO
Civil litigation · commercial and company law
Mr. William Loo is an experienced lawyer at LHC. With over 25 years of experience in civil litigation, company and commercial work, he brings a wealth of legal knowledge and strategic advice to his clients. He advises individuals, private and public corporates, including lenders, contractors and developers.
Mr William Loo plays a central role in helping clients execute complex shareholder transactions , agreements, transfers and oversees the firm’s provision of company secretarial services. As a solicitor, he is admitted in Hong Kong, England and Wales. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and an ordinary member of the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute.
He has completed a Postgraduate Programme in PRC laws in The University of Hong Kong.
- Tender process relating to a sale of a subsidiary of a listed company holding a plot of land in Clear Water Bay Road with estimated market value of over HK$2.3 billion;
- Sale of a BVI company holding a hotel in Central for a price of HK$201 million;
- Sale of a private company holding a WOFE registered and operating an OEM factory in Dongguan to a multi-national corporation for a price of HK$202 million;
- Representing the Plaintiff in a litigation involving shareholders’ dispute and fraud relating to a recycle business in Mainland China of USD 25 million and satellite litigations in BVI and the Mainland China (HCA 2432/2016);
- Representing the Plaintiff in a litigation involving shareholders’ investment agreement regarding a television broadcasting business involving HK$145 million (HCA 638/2014);
- Representing the defendant in a litigation with claims for disclosure of audited financial statements and relevant resolutions of a private company with Taiwan-sourced substantial investments in Beijing (HCMP 1272/2018);
- Representing the plaintiff in a compulsory winding-up litigation on a company trading in Chinese pain-relieving pads (HCCW 293/2006);
- Civil litigations on contract, tort, intellectual property, matrimonial, tenancy, debt recovery, employment and others;
- Advising on company secretarial and compliance work;
- Handling corporate corporate borrowing;
- Setting up of and advising charities with tax exemption status under s.88 IRO;
- Issuing legal opinion on companies for listing in the Mainland and corporate borrowing
LHC is a leading full-service Hong Kong law firm located in the heart of Central.